Star Trek cross stitch

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Star Trek cross stitch

Post by Sushidragon »

I recently decided I wanted to learn how to cross stitch, since I've seen some really cute non-traditional samplers and they look like a lot of fun. I've been reading a bit about it and have been planning to go pick up some supplies, but this pattern is sending me right to the craft store:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/ ... _lupin.jpg

Here's a sample project someone made with these patterns:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4412429937 ... 402797519/

AHH so awesome XD

I know LvSoulFriend does cross stitch, does anyone else? :O
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Raenia
Silence of Uncertain Cause

Re: Star Trek cross stitch

Post by Raenia »

I love cross-stitch, it's my usual summer craft (in the winter I usually knit). I just finished a pair of flower patterns. I've been working my way through the kits sitting in my Mom's craft box. I want to finish those before I start looking for more patterns. Those star trek patterns are adorable, though - may have to make an exception.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I have in the past, but it's been years. Mostly I did little things for gifts, nothing fancy. I'd take it up again, but my hubby is already going nuts from all the yarn I have in the house from my dabblings with crocheting and knitting.

Those are really adorable though! Poor Wesley XD
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

I've never cross-stitched myself (well unless you count the kits for kids with giant plastic needles), but I have been interested. There is such great potential for nerdy or gaming stuff... I've seen some adorable pokemon, or the classic zelda sprites... it looks like so much fun!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

I've never tried it but my roommate makes the most beautiful flower designs with cross stitch and needlepoint. I'd love to learn and am hoping she has time to teach me the basics when she moves back in a few weeks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Heehee! It's lots of fun!

Until you realize that you made a mistake 5 rows back, and have to unpick it all XD Then it can be frustrating.

I've got, oh goodness, at least 2-3 different cross-stitches going on XD I don't sit and do them constantly, as it makes my hands cramp a bit, and when you've been cutting fabric for 5 hours, it's not too fun XD

It's is relaxing tho, and I enjoy working on them during sporting events >> I put the Patriots or Red Sox on, and listen while I stitch XD

Do you still have the sushi I made for you?
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

That is so awesome! :D I love it. lol I used to cross stitch a long time ago... o.o;; I wasn't too bad. lol It was alot of fun. my sister took it kinda seriously ... she was the stitch queen! lol I have no idea where any of my old pieces went... maybe my mom has em :3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

I cross-stitch occassionally, though it has been a while now. I have one kit my mother-in-law sent me a few years back that I really need to finish... if I can ever figure out where the various parts of the kit went during our moves!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

So many other cross-stitchers, yay :D I got started on my Picard last night and his head is coming along nicely. I feel like I need a magnifying glass or something though, those little holes are tiny XD

LvSoulFriend, I absolutely still have those sushi! Unfortunately they're living in a box right now because we're not putting anything up on the walls until we've painted.. which we still need to do o_x
Image Image

Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zincht »

I crosstitch.. Or rather, I've got a bunch and have them all in a box except one. I also have a number of unfinished quilt tops and a few knitting and crochet projects.. I love textile arts, but since I got married, I haven't had as much time for them. I even have a floor loom and a knitting machine folded up in my basement!

I've found the best time for any of them is during tabletop roleplaying games, while I'm waiting for my turn. Lucky for me, one of my friends also feels the same. He has started bringing his crosstitch to games, he is working on Articuno (pokemon) and just finished a 'mario through the ages' for a friend. Another friend wanted one, so I think he's working on duplicating it.

The cross-stitch I'm working on is a pair of siamese cats in a flower garden. (I started it perhaps 20 years ago? It was lost and then found and lost again and I found it recently.) I like the fact that the pattern I bought has finished sizes for whatever count cloth you like.

Does Sushi have someone to give her advice? The first thing I did with my kitties pattern was to run a pair of lines across the pattern photocopy and baste a bright thread through my fabric, to help with counting stitches. It's done wonders for preventing major mistakes, though I still make a bunch of minor ones. I counted my basting stitches 5 cross-stitch stitches apart, and as long as I don't pierce the tread with my needle, I'll be able to pull the threads out when I'm done and no-one will know.

Sorry for taking up so much posting space ;)
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for the suggestion, Zincht! I really need to do something like that, I'm constantly forgetting which row I'm on and need to go back and count XD

Still working on my Picard, but he's about half done now! I'm going to do Picard, Worf, and Data for sure, frame them, and put them up in Baby Sushi's room XD I'm also planning a series of young Spock, adult Spock, and old Spock.
Image Image

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

That sounds awesome sushi! :D I cant wait to see more pictures <3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Mwah hah hah >:D

Image Image

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Captain Picard looks like he's got some high jinks planned!!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zincht »

Chibi Goodness!
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!